As far as finances go, at the time that all the paperwork is ready to be turned in (the dossier), which we hope will be 2 months, we will owe the agency and Bulgaria $17K. We believe that loans are not the answer, and are committed to not going in debt. The Lord will provide completely for this adoption. Of that $17K, we still need about $7,000. Our adoption fundraising thermometer on the side of this blog tells how much has been provided up to this point, but a few thousand of that has already been spent on previous fees like our home study, application fees, fingerprinting, etc. I just wanted to explain that so you understand that thermometer and current needs. The Lord has provided amazingly so far, and we have no doubt He will continue to do so. Please prayerfully consider what part the Lord would have for you to help. There is a "donate" button on the "ways to help" page if you would feel led to do so. Otherwise, you can continue to help us by praying it in!
Finally, I'll post an adoption poem I found and love--
KISSES
IN THE WIND (The Waiting Child's Lullabye)
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
1 comment:
We are praying with you. Those little ones don't yet have any idea all that God is doing behind the scenes to give them such a special family!
Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment